UWF to Host "Pack it Pink" Weekend Oct. 22-23
PENSACOLA, Fla. - The West Florida volleyball team will host the fifth annual “Pack it Pink” breast cancer awareness match against North Alabama on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 4 p.m. in the UWF Field House. For the first time at UWF, the Argonauts women’s soccer team will also join the effort to promote breast cancer awareness that weekend with a match on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 1 p.m. against North Alabama.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and UWF is joining the effort to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness while also paying tribute to family members and friends who have been effected by the disease. Florida Blue is UWF’s official corporate sponsor of the fifth annual “Pack it Pink” weekend. For more information, visit www.floridablue.com.
Online Auction (click to access auction site)
- all proceeds benefit the Side-Out Foundation
- features pink jerseys, volleyballs, autographed items and much more
- auction closes on Sunday, Oct. 23 at midnight
Saturday, Oct. 22 - UWF Volleyball vs. North Alabama - 4 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. tailgate party near UWF Field House entrance hosted by UWF Athletics and Greek Affairs
- 3:00 p.m. cancer survivors reception in the Argonaut Athletic Club
- in lieu of tickets, donations will be accepted for volleyball match
- first 750 fans will receive “Pack it Pink” T-shirt
- opportunity to bid on items from online auction in person
Sunday, Oct. 23 - UWF Women’s Soccer vs. North Alabama - 1 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. Greeks vs. UWF student-athletes kickball game at UWF Softball Complex
- in lieu of tickets, donations will be accepted for soccer game
- first 250 fans will receive “Pack it Pink” T-shirt
Saturday, Oct. 29 - American Cancer Society Walk at Cordova Mall in Pensacola - 8 a.m.
- join the UWF volleyball team and donate to the cause
For information on all UWF athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com.